You can earn up to 10,000 bonus 'Fun Points' after the first purchase and balance transfer.
Who the Carnival World MasterCard Is For
- People who want to earn cash rewards and other bonuses towards Carnival cruises.
Credit Rating Required
- Fair to Excellent (600+)
About the Carnival World MasterCard
- Attractive rewards and perks.
- Relatively low APR, if you qualify.
- No annual fee.
- Rewards are subject to availability.
- 3% foreign transaction fee.
- Two points for every dollar spent on Carnival Cruise Lines purchases, including onboard purchases
- One point for every dollar spent on all other purchases
- 5,000 bonus points after first purchase
- Up to 5,000 additional bonus points for initial balance transfers
- 13.99 to 24.99%, based on your credit worthiness.
- 0% for first nine months for balance transfers, then the purchase rate.
- Penalty APR: 30.24%.
- No annual fee.
- Late fee: Up to $35.
- Returned payment or check fee: Up to $35.
- Over the limit fee: None.
- Balance transfer fee: 3% of balance during first nine months, then 4%.
- Foreign transaction fee: 3%.
Carnival World MasterCard Review
If you take frequent cruises on Carnival, this card will help you earn points toward future trips. If you're planning to take your first cruise, this card will help you earn discounts on your vacation.
You earn two Carnival "FunPoints" per dollar on Carnival Cruise vacation and Carnival Vacation Club transactions, as well as on any purchases charged to the Sail and Sign account onboard any Carnival cruise ship. You earn one point per dollar on all other purchases.
You can also earn up to 10,000 bonus points. You get 5,000 bonus points after your first purchase. You can also earn up to 5,000 bonus points - one point per dollar - on balance transfers during the first 30 days you have the card. There's a 0% APR on balance transfers for the first nine months. The balance transfer fee is 3% during that period, 4% after that. According to the card's website, 5,000 points is enough for $100 off your next cruise.
You can redeem your points for a statement credit toward a cruise on Carnival, Holland America or Princess cruise lines or on airline transactions. You may also redeem points for onboard amenities and packages to be delivered onboard ship.
The amount of points you need to redeem varies by transaction. Points expire after five years, and rewards are subject to availability.
If you have good credit, the APR on purchases is a moderate 13.99%, rising to a steep 24.99% if you have fair or poor credit.
Both the Norwegian Cruise Line MasterCard and the Royal Caribbean Visa both pay you 10,000 bonus points upfront after your first transaction, whether it's a simple purchase or a balance transfer. This card only lets you earn only 5,000 bonus after the first purchase; the other 5,000 must be from a balance transfer. So in that respect the Norwegian and Royal Caribbean cards are more attractive. However, if you prefer Carnival and want to go to one of their destinations, than this card is obviously the better option.