Don't be fooled by the name: there's nothing "platinum" about this card.
Who the Wells Fargo Platinum Card Is For
- Wells Fargo customers who want a basic credit card with no rewards.
Credit Rating Required
- Fair and up (660+).
About the Wells Fargo Platinum Card
- Relatively low interest rates.
- Decent introductory balance transfer offer.
- No rewards.
- 0% on purchases and balance transfers for first six months, then 10.15% to 22.15% depending on your credit history.
- No annual fee.
- Balance transfer fee: 3% of balance during introductory period, otherwise 5%.
- Late payment fee: Up to $35.
- Returned check fee: Up to $35.
Wells Fargo Platinum Card Review
When you think "platinum" credit card, I usually think of great rewards or some other great benefit, don't you? At least that's what it used to mean.
That's certainly not the case here. This card is just a plain vanilla Visa card with no rewards.
On the plus side, this is Wells' lowest rate card, albeit marginally. It's only a point lower than its other cards.
If you're a Wells Fargo customer and want a credit card with them, why not get the Wells Fargo Cash Back Card or the Wells Fargo Rewards Card? Both cards pay you a 1% reward on your spending, the Cash card in cash (surprise) and the Rewards card in points.
If you have a home mortgage with Wells Fargo and want to pay it off early, you might be interested in the Wells Fargo Home Rebate Card. You get 1% back on your spending, credited to your mortgage account.
If you are rebuilding your credit or have poor credit you might need a secured card. Check out the Wells Fargo Secured Credit Card. It's one of the best secured credit cards on the market.