You get double cash-back during the first 60 days, plus generous rewards on your other purchases - with no annual fee.
Who the BP Visa Card Is For
- People who want to earn rewards on their BP and Amoco gasoline purchases.
Credit Rating Required
- Fair and up (660+).
About the BP Visa Card
- Very generous rewards program.
- Double cash back during the first 60 days.
- Relatively low interest rates, if you qualify.
- No annual fee.
- No rewards on purchases at competing gas stations.
- No rewards at fast food restaurants, superstores, warehouse clubs and discount stores.
- 5% cash back at BP and Amoco gas stations.
- 2% back on travel and dining purchases.
- 1% back on all other purchases.
- 15.24% or 19.24% on purchases and balances transfers, depending on your credit history.
- Penalty interest rate: 29.9%.
- Annual fee: None.
- Late payment fee: Up to $35.
- Return check or payment fee: $35.
- Over-limit fee: Up to $35.
- Balance transfer fee: 3%.
BP Visa Card Review
This is one of the most generous cash-back credit cards around, gasoline or otherwise.
You get a fat 5% back at BP and Amoco stations, which sure comes in handy as gasoline prices head up again. You also earn 2% back on travel and dining purchases and one percent on most other purchases.
But that's not all. During the first 60 days, you earn double cash-back, meaning you earn 10% on gasoline purchases.
When you earn at least $25 in rebates, you can redeem the cash for a BP gift card, a check or a donation to the Conservation Fund, an environmental charity, probably to help pay for part of the BP oil spill cleanup. There's no maximum amount of rebates you can earn in the program.
The one thing preventing this card from getting our five-star rating is that you don't earn rewards at fast food restaurants, superstores, warehouse clubs, discount stores and their affiliates. So don't bother using it at Walmart, Target, BJs and the like. That could reduce its utility for some folks. You also don't earn any rewards at non-BP and non-Amoco stations.
For all this there's no annual fee and a relatively low APR if you qualify. The card is offered by Chase Bank.
This is one of the most generous cash-back rewards cards out there, especially if you're a frequent customer of BP or Amoco. You'd be hard-pressed to find a better card than this one.