The $375 annual fee is worth it if you fly frequently on Continental and want first-class treatment every time you travel.
Who the Continental Airlines Presidential Plus Card Is For
- People who want to earn luxury perks on Continental Airlines on their credit card purchases.
Credit Rating Required
- Good to Excellent (700+)
About the Continental Airlines Presidential Plus Card
- Luxury perks at Continental.
- Low APR.
- Unlimited miles.
- Miles can be redeemed for car rentals, hotels and flights on other airlines.
- High annual fee.
- Double miles when you purchase a Continental ticket with the card.
- 25% mileage bonus on all Continental flights.
- One mile per dollar on all other purchases.
- Double miles for shopping at ShopOnePass website.
- $95 statement credit after first purchase or balance transfer.
- Presidents Club membership.
- Automatic membership in Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum club.
- Baggage fee waiver for up to two bags per flight.
- No preset spending limit.
- 13.24% on purchases and balance transfers.
- Penalty APR: 29.99%.
- Annual fee: $375.
- Late fee: Up to $39.
- Returned payment fee: Up to $39.
- Balance transfer fee: 3% of balance
Continental Airlines Presidential Plus Card Review
The Continental Airlines Presidential Plus Card has many of the same rewards as the Continental Airlines OnePass Plus Card plus many high-end perks. Both cards are issued by Chase and both have a $375 annual fee, starting with the first year. If you travel a lot on Continental and want to be pampered when you do, the fee is probably worth it.
You earn double miles when you purchase Continental tickets and get a 25% mileage bonus on all Continental flights. You also get a $95 statement credit after your first purchase or balance transfer.
The annual fee pays for the perks and there are lots of them. You get full membership in Continental's Presidents Club - a $475 value by itself - which entitles you and your family or two guests to stay between flights at 25 Continental airport clubrooms or over 60 affiliated lounges worldwide. You also get baggage fee waivers on two bags, up to $120 per round trip. You also get EliteAccess Priority Airport Services when you fly.
You also earn 2,000 Flex Elite Qualification Miles (EQMs) for every $15,000 in purchases you make. These miles do not expire, so you can redeem them toward Elite status at any time in future years.
Like the Continental OnePass card, you can redeem your miles for car rentals and for stays at over 60,000 hotels around the world. You can also redeem your miles for tickets at all 28 member airlines of the Star Alliance, the largest airline network in the world, besides Continental.
If that's not enough, the APR is low, and there's no preset spending limit.
If you fly frequently on Continental and demand first-class perks, this card is probably a must-have Presidents Club membership by itself is worth the annual fee.