1. Money
You can opt-out at any time. Please refer to our privacy policy for contact information.

Overstock.com MasterCard Review

8% back on Overstock.com purchases, plus a $20 start-up bonus

About.com Rating 5 Star Rating


If you're a regular Overstock.com shopper, you can earn huge rewards and get free shipping on almost every item.

Who the Overstock.com MasterCard Is For

  • People who want to get rewards and free shipping on their Overstock.com purchases.

Credit Rating Required

  • Good to Excellent (700+)

About the Overstock.com MasterCard


  • Generous spending rewards on Overstock.com purchases.
  • No pre-set spending limit.


  • For Overstock loyalists only.


  • 8% back on Overstock.com purchases
  • 1% back on all other purchases.
  • $20 statement credit after first transaction, either a purchase or balance transfer.
  • Free shipping on Overstock purchases made with the card.
  • Free Club O membership ($19.95 value).


  • 0% on purchases for the first six months, then the purchase rate.
  • 15.99%.
  • Penalty APR: 29.99%.


  • No annual fee.
  • Late payment fee: Up to $35.
  • Returned payment fee: Up to $35.
  • Balance transfer fee: 5% of balance.

Overstock.com MasterCard Review

If you're a frequent shopper at Overstock.com, you probably know about the online retailer's Club O program. For $19.95 a year, you earn 5% back on all of your Overstock purchases and get free shipping on most of them (except for books, CDs and DVDs under $25).

The Overstock MasterCard is a way better deal. Not only do you earn 5% back on all your purchases, but you earn an extra 3% on top of that, for a total of 8%. You also earn 1% on all of your non-Overstock purchases.

Not only that, but instead of paying the $20 Club O annual fee, which you get for free, you get a $20 statement credit after your first transaction, whether it's a purchase or a balance transfer. And there's no annual fee on the credit card, as there is with Club O.

So, instead of paying $20, you get $20. Sounds like a no-brainer to me.

Your rebates are redeemable for future purchases at Overstock, and there's no limit on how much you can earn. You also get all of the other advantages of being a Club O member, such as exclusive deals and shopping events.

There's also 0% interest on purchases for the first six months, and no pre-set spending limit.


This may be the most generous credit card rewards program in retailing. The L.L. Bean Visa Card, one of the best cards on the market, pays a 3% reward on purchases at the retailer, plus free shipping, and 1% back everywhere else. The Target REDCard gives you a 5% discount on purchases at Target. However, the card is only accepted at Target stores.

©2014 About.com. All rights reserved.