You earn 3% back on all your Bean purchases, plus free shipping and monogramming, with no annual fee.
Who the L.L. Bean Visa Card Is For
- Frequent L.L. Bean shoppers who want free shipping and ability to earn gift certificates at the store.
Credit Rating Required
- Good to Excellent (660+)
About the L.L. Bean Visa Card
- Free shipping on all orders paid with the card, including returns.
- Free monogramming.
- Automatic rewards after you earn $10.
- Relatively low APR, if you qualify.
- Low balance transfer fee during first six months.
- No annual fee.
- Rewards expire after one year.
- 3% back on L.L. Bean purchases, redeemable in $10 gift certificates
- 1% back on all other purchases
- 13.99 to 19.99%, based on your credit worthiness.
- 0% for first six months on balance transfers, then the purchase rate.
- Penalty APR: 30.24%.
- No annual fee.
- Late fee: Up to $35.
- Returned payment or check fee: Up to $35.
- Over the limit fee: None.
- Balance transfer fee: 4% of balance, capped at $50 during the first six months.
L.L. Bean Visa Card Review
If you're a fan of the L.L. Bean outdoor and clothing catalog, this card is an absolute must-have. It has one of the best rewards and benefits programs of any retailer out there.
Although it now has a new card issuer - Barclays - the card is as good as ever. You get 3% back on all Bean purchases, plus 1% back on all other purchases. When you earn at least $10, you're automatically sent a Bean gift certificate with your statement. (The certificates expire after one year if you don't use them).
But the rewards are only part of it. When you pay for your order with the card, you automatically get free shipping, which can be a huge savings. You also get free shipping if you have to return your purchase to Bean. So even if you shop at Bean only a few times a year, the card is worth it for the free shipping alone.
You also get free monogramming on goods purchased with the card, up to 10 spaces per line.
That's not all. There's a 0% interest balance transfer offer during the first six months you have the card, and the balance transfer fee - normally 4% of the balance - is capped at $50 during that period.
If you qualify, the APR is a modest 13.99%.
The L.L. Bean card is one of the best retail rewards cards available. Even if you shop there only occasionally, the card is worth having just so you can avoid shipping costs.