You earn 3% back on stuff you buy inside the station, plus 1% on everything else.
Who the Chevron and Texaco Visa Card Is For
- People who want to earn rewards on their Chevron and Texaco purchases.
Credit Rating Required
- Fair and up (660+).
About the Chevron and Texaco Visa Card
- Generous rewards program.
- Relatively low interest rates, if you qualify.
- No annual fee.
- No rewards on purchases at competing gas stations.
- Fairly quick expiration of credits if you don't redeem them (six months).
- $.10 cash back per gallon on fuel purchases made at Chevron and Texaco.
- 3% cash back on non-fuel purchases at Chevron and Texaco.
- 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- $300 annual limit on rewards.
- 13.49 to 20.49% on purchases, depending on your credit history.
- Penalty interest rate: 29.9%.
- Annual fee: None.
- Late payment fee: Up to $35.
Chevron and Texaco Visa Card Review
The rewards on this card are pretty generous - not best in class, but very good.
You get a $.10 per gallon reward for fueling up at Chevron and Texaco stations. Assuming a price of $3.50 a gallon, that's nearly a 3% rebate. Not many cards give that much.
In addition, you earn a full 3% rebate on all non-fuel purchases at Chevron and Texaco, which would presumably include everything from candy and soda to a set of tires, if the station sells those. You also earn a full 1% back on all other purchases, as long as they're not gasoline purchases at rival stations. Marine, aviation and commercial diesel purchases are also not eligible to earn rebates.
Like other gas cards, the rebates are redeemed automatically in the form of a statement credit against your next month's purchases of Chevron and Texaco fuel. Rebates expire after six months, so you really need to keep using the card. There's a $300 annual cap on the rebates you can earn.
In addition to no annual fee, this card has a low APR, if you qualify for it.
This card pays generous rewards at Chevron and Texaco stations and redemptions are made every month. If you gas up regularly at these stations, you should consider getting this card. The rewards are pretty good outside the stations, too.