1. Money
LaToya Irby

4 Ways To Rent With Bad Credit

By October 11, 2011

These days, it seems like just about everyone has to check your credit, even prospective landlords. You and I know that just because you miss a few credit card payments that doesn't mean you'll skip out on your rent, but your next landlord believes your credit report over your word.

Some rental properties have strict requirements and won't let you move in with credit blemishes. Luckily, every rental property doesn't have as strict approval requirements. Some landlords, particularly individual landlords not property management companies, don't check credit at all. ReadHow to Rent an Apartment With Bad Credit.

If you're already renting and just want to move to another location, you can always bite the bullet and stay where you are. Use the money you would have spent on your new apartment to pay off some of your debt.

Related:

Comments
January 5, 2010 at 11:33 am
(1) Denise says:

When you have your credit checked, you are giving your information to millions of people. Yes, the credit agencies sell your phone number and information to anyone who will pay for it. I managed a mortgaqe co for 8 years and we bought our leads from transunion, equifax, and equirium.

February 6, 2011 at 6:18 pm
(2) steven lee says:

We have seen that the apartments are full and they can be picky about who they let in.. When folk’s were buying instead of renting then credit was not that stringent when you filled out an application to rent at any complex. Now they are 98-99% occupied so they are picky…Our Company is designed to give everyone a second chance despite past: Broken Leases, Foreclosures, and Bankruptcies. We are a rental guarantee service. To qualify you must have a job. Once you are signed up each and every month we report to the credit bureaus to help re-establish their credit. We also have a credit repair company that will take it even further. If no one sets up a program to help then folks will never ever get out of this situation. We have seen that when you have bad credit you’re limited to where you are allowed to live with your family. With our service you can live where you want not where you have to. You can go to http://www.ez-lease.net. The economy has effected allot of customers but this is a way to help them get their lives in order again. “You can have everything in life that you want if you just give enough other people what they want.”
— Zig Ziglar

February 19, 2012 at 12:18 pm
(3) Justine says:

What is really unfortunate is that most of us are victims of the economy. I had a great job making lots of money, paid all my bills with no issues. Then, I was laid off. Trying to stay afloat, perhaps I should have down size my home, but I was so depressed, the thought of that was worse. So I used my 401k and my IRA and all my savings…trued to negotiate with the creditors and they wouldn’t budge. so, I defaulted on my bills and ended up losing everything and filing for bankruptcy. So, now what am I supposed to do? I’m blessed with a great new job. But I am so afraid I’d lose it…afraid every minute of every day. But I need to move out of my mother’s house…but have bad credit. Stuck and miserable. I hope Obama and his Congress are happy.

March 16, 2012 at 1:56 am
(4) kathie says:

Justine, it’s the corporations that outsource the of our manufacturing and technical jobs to countries where sweatshops are legal, so basically all they do here in the states is collect the cash and lots of it…. you see they can never have enough. The only way they will bring the jobs back to the states is if we turn back the clock and abolish minimum wage to bring back our own sweatshops, and after lobbying to change the laws so they can they can fund the election campaigns, they ensure those elected will comply. What’s sad is a good majority will actually believe they are doing us a favor. It’s all apart of the plan and when people are hungry enough, it will happen.

August 2, 2012 at 1:21 pm
(5) Jon says:

Why is this article titled 4 Ways To Rent With Bad Credit when it offers ZERO ways to rent with bad credit? Nothing useful here.

December 19, 2012 at 6:32 pm
(6) Carol Noll says:

My husband and I are looking into rental property in Roanoke but are having a hard time because of our credit, so I was hoping that this article would be helpful. Like Jon, I’m disappointed that an article titled “4 Ways to Rent With Bad Credit,” would fail to offer a single piece of advice.

January 24, 2013 at 3:48 am
(7) chris says:

You lie there isent any help here.

May 2, 2013 at 4:57 am
(8) Trisha Peterson says:

Having a guarantor to back you up is a great idea if you are trying to rent a home or apartment with bad credit. I’ve seen a lot of people do it and they get approved right away once they have a reliable guarantor. A great guarantor would be a reliable company such as the one most of my friends have used, EZ Lease Rentals. You get a better shot at being able to rent a home with a reliable company on your side.

December 11, 2013 at 1:02 pm
(9) Eileen says:

I do not want to pay for free credit score. I have done this before and after the trial they keep taking funds. I am on disability and do not have funds to pay for cbr score. I have been denied credit in last 30 days so I should be able to get a free report.

April 6, 2014 at 1:15 pm
(10) stephanie says:

why, are so many people quick to blame Obama. things were already screwed up when Obama got to the white house. stop looking for someone to blame for your situation.